Statistics tell us that over 85% of Fortune 500 companies utilise 3PLs, and the industry is still predicted to grow by at least 5.2%. If they think it's a good idea, maybe it is something worthy of consideration.
Here are my seven tips to think about if you are planning on outsourcing your supply chain. If you've got a product and your customers are ordering it, you may want a few insider insights into why a 3PL partner can be a really good idea.
1. It saves you time - What a great thing this is. You've probably all thought of a dozen things you could do with more time already. You could concentrate on your business and increase your input into its core competencies.
- You can eliminate the need to invest time and money in warehousing bricks and mortar, transportation, and the staff required to execute the logistics.
- You can also leave the logistics paperwork, billing, stock-takes, stock management, training and HR management as this is the area of expertise for 3PLs.
2. It offers scalability and flexibility - Businesses become more flexible due to a 3PL partner's ability to scale space, staff, and transportation according to inventory needs.
- There is no need to stress about high and low seasons, whether you have a loading dock or can unload a container, as transitions can be handled smoothly.
- If a business needs more space, a 3PL provider is just one phone call away.
3. It makes valuable expertise accessible - 3PLs are knowledgeable about the best practices in the industry, and all that knowledge and experience is available to you.
- To gain an edge in a competitive market, 3PL providers stay up to date with the latest developments in technology. The software that good 3PLs use is capable of advanced reporting, inventory management and provides visibility to enable you to monitor the entire logistics process.
- By outsourcing your logistics requirements to a 3PL, your management team can focus more on its core competencies while your logistics needs are being handled by industry professionals.
- The 3PL team is accountable and becomes a partner supplier with risk in the transaction. If your 3PL partner lets you or the customer down it risks losing your business. This is a compelling argument for excellence.
4. It encourages continuous optimisation - 3PL providers are masters at coping with change.
- These organisations can adjust quickly in various circumstances.
- 3PLs can also improve most links in your supply chain.
- They ensure that your needs and those of your customers are met in the fastest, most efficient and cost-effective way.
- 3PLs can help maximise profits, reduce wait times, and improve customer satisfaction.
5. It maximises your growth rate - By utilising a 3PL provider, you can save time and money.
- This directly affects the growth of your company.
- 3PL providers have warehouses in strategic locations.
- With this benefit, businesses can expand their market with minimal change to transport and delivery costs.
6. It improves quality - Outsourcing to a 3PL provider ensures that you have more capital.
- The advanced technology and expertise that comes with 3PL providers also guarantees that your logistics needs will be satisfied.
- Since 3PLs thrive on efficiency, you can expect numerous aspects of your supply chain to improve as well. Volume discounts, flexible staffing, flexible space - all part of the job for 3PLs.
7. It improves customer service - With the cost of acquiring new warehouses and new technology eliminated, your business can now focus more on customer service and innovation.
- You can be sure that your customers will be happy with the improved quality and depth of your operation.
Promtel offers more than an effective, IT-driven 3PL service, storing, picking, packing and shipping your goods.