We depend on our smartphones for so many things. So why aren't you harnessing phone power to promote your business?
Have you ever misplaced your mobile phone or accidently left it at home? Most people feel anxious while many feel lost because we rely so heavily on our phones. In fact, last year, 91% of Australians owned a smart phone and the reason is simple. We use them for everything!
So as a business owner, what are your plans to take advantage of Australia's devotion to smartphones?
"There's an App for that!"
Specialist apps are still quite new for businesses of all sizes but those that have invested in the technology have found they quickly become an essential way of life for their customers. Apps also have the potential to generate more sales at a lower cost to quickly cover the initial investment.
Bank apps are a great example of how the technology benefits both customers and the business. We now expect to be able to do our banking via our phones whenever we want to. As a result, our bank is constantly with us to provide the convenience and service we want, at a lower cost for the bank.
Apps also work incredibly well for small and medium sized businesses - yet many business owners don't explore the opportunity because they fear the cost will be prohibitive. But that's not necessarily true... if you choose the right app development team.
Marketing to customers has never been so easy
There are all sorts of ways to engage with customers including your website, social media, email and various types of advertising. However, nothing compares with the ability of an app to spontaneously engage and service your customers when they want to deal with your business.
In fact apps give customers control of their interactions with your business so they can browse or purchase on the go or at any time of the day or night. This sort of interaction cannot be achieved as easily on a website or social media platform.
You can develop an app to:
- Provide a digital loyalty program so your customers don't need to carry a loyalty card in their wallet or purse. This takes advantage of the growing trend to use smartphones to make payments.
- Connect directly with your customers by providing information, prices, search features, booking forms, news feeds, user accounts, etc.
- Promote special deals, recognise the customer's upcoming birthday or wedding anniversary, suggest specific products to suit the season e.g. woollen coats on the first cold day. Notifications like this will constantly remind customers you are there to help while their phone is in their hand.
- Provide a simple and secure way to record customer details so you can build a database to support your other marketing activities.
- Offer security in a COVID world by providing a simple and cost effective way to record customer visits to your business if infection tracing is required.
Obtaining help to develop your own business app will unlock new ways to promote and grow your business. Best of all, early adoption of this important technology will help you develop a close and loyal customer base while your competitors are asleep at the wheel.
Talk to a specialist small business app developer
Since 2016, Grace Wong and her all Australian team at Connect Mobile Apps have been building apps that help small business grow. To investigate the possibilities for your business, contact Connect Mobile Apps.